Thursday, July 17, 2008

iPhone Searches

According to data from the comScore Marketer service, 1.3 million people conducted 6.9 million searches for iPhone-related terms in April 2008.

The news release says that the search term iPhone generated nearly 1.5 million search. Wow! And that includes my own search for iPhone. I did ask my cousin Patrick Velez, before he visited Manila a couple of weeks ago, about an iPhone. Unfortunately, he had flown to Manila even before it was launched in the States. Now, I need to talk to Senco Link Technologies to get my iPhone.

There was really a lot of speculation and rumors about the entry of the new iPhone into the market, even before Apple CEO Steve Jobs before he spoke publicly about it.

Can you imagine if that 1.3 million translates into actual purchases? All these searches indicate intent to purchase and again demonstrate that Internet technology works.

No comments:

Post a Comment